Secrets of the Top Private Health Insurers
- UnitedHealth Group's first appearance isn't in the top 20. Or the top 50. It squeaks in at #60 as UnitedHealthcare of New England. But it gained 1 million members last month by absorbing the customers of the Principal Financial Group, which left the business.
The detailed report, all 241 pages of it, is here. NCQA drills down in three major areas: consumer satisfaction, prevention, and treatment, and assigns each plan a numeric rank determined by its combined HEDIS, CAHPS and NCQA accreditation standards scores.
NCQA expects to have Medicaid and Medicare plan rankings online by early November and is exploring options to rank preferred provider organizations in 2011. Stay tuned.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers