Secrets of the Top Private Health Insurers
- UnitedHealth Group's first appearance isn't in the top 20. Or the top 50. It squeaks in at #60 as UnitedHealthcare of New England. But it gained 1 million members last month by absorbing the customers of the Principal Financial Group, which left the business.
The detailed report, all 241 pages of it, is here. NCQA drills down in three major areas: consumer satisfaction, prevention, and treatment, and assigns each plan a numeric rank determined by its combined HEDIS, CAHPS and NCQA accreditation standards scores.
NCQA expects to have Medicaid and Medicare plan rankings online by early November and is exploring options to rank preferred provider organizations in 2011. Stay tuned.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans