Secrets of the Top Private Health Insurers
- UnitedHealth Group's first appearance isn't in the top 20. Or the top 50. It squeaks in at #60 as UnitedHealthcare of New England. But it gained 1 million members last month by absorbing the customers of the Principal Financial Group, which left the business.
The detailed report, all 241 pages of it, is here. NCQA drills down in three major areas: consumer satisfaction, prevention, and treatment, and assigns each plan a numeric rank determined by its combined HEDIS, CAHPS and NCQA accreditation standards scores.
NCQA expects to have Medicaid and Medicare plan rankings online by early November and is exploring options to rank preferred provider organizations in 2011. Stay tuned.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer