Secrets of the Top Private Health Insurers
- UnitedHealth Group's first appearance isn't in the top 20. Or the top 50. It squeaks in at #60 as UnitedHealthcare of New England. But it gained 1 million members last month by absorbing the customers of the Principal Financial Group, which left the business.
The detailed report, all 241 pages of it, is here. NCQA drills down in three major areas: consumer satisfaction, prevention, and treatment, and assigns each plan a numeric rank determined by its combined HEDIS, CAHPS and NCQA accreditation standards scores.
NCQA expects to have Medicaid and Medicare plan rankings online by early November and is exploring options to rank preferred provider organizations in 2011. Stay tuned.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement