Secrets of the Top Private Health Insurers
- UnitedHealth Group's first appearance isn't in the top 20. Or the top 50. It squeaks in at #60 as UnitedHealthcare of New England. But it gained 1 million members last month by absorbing the customers of the Principal Financial Group, which left the business.
The detailed report, all 241 pages of it, is here. NCQA drills down in three major areas: consumer satisfaction, prevention, and treatment, and assigns each plan a numeric rank determined by its combined HEDIS, CAHPS and NCQA accreditation standards scores.
NCQA expects to have Medicaid and Medicare plan rankings online by early November and is exploring options to rank preferred provider organizations in 2011. Stay tuned.
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules