Request for Navigator Info an Impediment
Finally, the committee wants to see all the documentation related to the navigator grant application itself.
"This would include, but is not limited to, materials your organization submitted in order to obtain the grant, materials provided to your organization upon obtaining the grant, and communications between your organization and representatives from HHS, CMS, CCIIO or any other federal or state entity. This request also includes, but is not limited to, any documents provided by (or communications with), representatives from HHS, CMS, CCIIO, Enroll America, or any other entity including federal or state governments discussing individuals to target or solicit for enrollment under the PPACA including discussions or documents related to geographic area."
Enroll America? That is the 501(c)(3) organization behind the "Get America Covered" campaign, which is funneling tens of millions of dollars into an education and HIX enrollment effort directed at the uninsured. The group has ties to the White House and is unpopular, to say the least, in Republican circles.
The letter also includes a four-page description of how the information requested should be transmitted to the E&C committee, including numbering folders and boxes and providing a written certification that all the related documents have been shared with the committee.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians