6 Ways to Improve Patient Transfers to AMCs
"Those treatments were essentially having their effect as the patient was traveling," he adds.
6.Be ready for follow-up care: "Whenever the university hospital finishes whatever it's going to do, the follow-up care needs to be at the community hospital or with some physician that's affiliated with the community hospital," Keroack said. "There needs to be good communication there and also a willingness to take the patients back."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion