6 Ways to Improve Patient Transfers to AMCs
"Those treatments were essentially having their effect as the patient was traveling," he adds.
6.Be ready for follow-up care: "Whenever the university hospital finishes whatever it's going to do, the follow-up care needs to be at the community hospital or with some physician that's affiliated with the community hospital," Keroack said. "There needs to be good communication there and also a willingness to take the patients back."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014