6 Ways to Improve Patient Transfers to AMCs
"Those treatments were essentially having their effect as the patient was traveling," he adds.
6.Be ready for follow-up care: "Whenever the university hospital finishes whatever it's going to do, the follow-up care needs to be at the community hospital or with some physician that's affiliated with the community hospital," Keroack said. "There needs to be good communication there and also a willingness to take the patients back."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services