6 Ways to Improve Patient Transfers to AMCs
"Those treatments were essentially having their effect as the patient was traveling," he adds.
6.Be ready for follow-up care: "Whenever the university hospital finishes whatever it's going to do, the follow-up care needs to be at the community hospital or with some physician that's affiliated with the community hospital," Keroack said. "There needs to be good communication there and also a willingness to take the patients back."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013