6 Ways to Improve Patient Transfers to AMCs
"Those treatments were essentially having their effect as the patient was traveling," he adds.
6.Be ready for follow-up care: "Whenever the university hospital finishes whatever it's going to do, the follow-up care needs to be at the community hospital or with some physician that's affiliated with the community hospital," Keroack said. "There needs to be good communication there and also a willingness to take the patients back."
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine