Electronic Submission of Medical Docs Trial Goes Live
Berglund says, "The ultimate point I'd make with esMD is that this is now available and providers should be using it, as it's sure to be more effective, secure and expedient than sending your records out in the mail."
As of September 2011, the following review contractors have been approved to participate in the esMD program:
- Region A Medicare recovery audit (DCS)
- Region B Medicare recovery audit (CGI)
- Medicare administrative J1 (Palmetto GBA)
- Medicare administrative J3 (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J4 (Trailblazer)
- Medicare administrative J5 (WPS)
- Medicare administrative J9 (First Coast)
- Medicare administrative J11 (Palmetto)
- Medicare administrative J12 (Highmark)
- Medicare administrative J14 (NHIC)
- Comprehensive error rate testing (CERT) contractor
- Program error rate measurement (PERM) contractor
- DME Medicarea JA (NHIC)
- DME Medicare administrative JD (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J13 (NGS)
- DME Medicare administrative JB (NGS)
- Medicare administrative J10 (Cahaba)
Visit: CMS's esMD site.
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations