Roundup: Healthcare M&A Deals, Partnerships
Ascension Health / HCA Midwest Health System
Also last week, St. Louis, MO-based Ascension Health announced that it is talking with HCA Midwest Health System to sell St. Joseph and St. Mary's Medical Centers and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City, MO.
Fleury Yelvington, president/CEO of Carondelet Health, said that if the negotiations lead to a sale HCA Midwest has said it would work with the local diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage. "Being a part of a system with a large local presence would strengthen Carondelet's position in this competitive market which is critical to ensure the system's long-term success amidst the myriad of changes that are occurring as part of health care reform," Yelvington said in prepared remarks.
HCA Midwest Health System issued a brief statement confirming that it "is currently in the beginning stages of negotiations with Ascension Health to acquire Carondelet Health. We do not have a completion date for these discussions. We believe that a merger of Carondelet Health and HCA Midwest Health System could help to ensure long-term success for both organizations."
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare