M&A Roundup: Prime, Tenet, BIDMC Announce Deals
Tenet's San Ramon RMC in Joint Venture with John Muir Health
Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corporation and Walnut Creek, CA-based John Muir Health have announced the creation of a joint venture partnership between San Ramon Regional Medical Center, a 123-bed acute care hospital in San Ramon, CA and John Muir Health. John Muir Health is an integrated system of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare services in the San Francisco Bay area.
Under the deal, John Muir Health will spend $100 million to acquire a 49% ownership interest in San Ramon RMC. The two organizations will expand and improve the efficiency and coordination of care in the TriValley area and nearby communities, including San Ramon.
The transaction is expected to close by March 31. John Muir Health and Tenet will also jointly develop outpatient services, such as Ambulatory Care Centers and other projects to be determined, in the Tri-Valley area and nearby communities, including San Ramon. John Muir Health's existing hospitals, facilities and other assets are not included in the partnership agreement.
"In the midst of healthcare reform and a very competitive local environment, we will offer better, more accessible and integrated care together than we can apart. Together, we will pursue new and innovative ways to improve patient care, access to services and affordability," Cal Knight, president/CEO of John Muir Health, said in prepared remarks.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs