Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions Declined in 2013
STPH is a service district hospital under local governance. The partnership agreement does not change the governance, employees or medical staff relationships of St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District #1 or of Ochsner Health System. Each organization will retain its name, assets and staff.
Michigan's Ascension Health, CHE-Trinity Launch Integrated Network
Physicians with Ascension Health and CHE-Trinity Health have created a statewide clinically integrated network of healthcare providers. This new company, called Together Health Network, will include 27 hospitals and hundreds of ambulatory centers and physician offices.
"We believe this one-of-a-kind collaboration between two of the state's largest healthcare organizations will set a new standard for providing value-based healthcare in Michigan," Patricia Maryland, president of Health Care Operations and COO of Ascension Health, said in prepared remarks.
"Both Ascension and CHE Trinity Health have been performing at benchmark levels in terms of quality, while at the same time delivering care at cost levels well below the state average. This collaboration will allow us to combine our outstanding performances in terms of cost and quality into one, state-wide product unlike any other."
Together Health Network is a Michigan LLC that will work with payers to develop health plan products, including those purchased on the Health Insurance Marketplace and private exchanges. Together Health Network is designed to achieve a state-wide presence with numerous access points and advanced care coordination services without merging assets.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care