Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions Declined in 2013
STPH is a service district hospital under local governance. The partnership agreement does not change the governance, employees or medical staff relationships of St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District #1 or of Ochsner Health System. Each organization will retain its name, assets and staff.
Michigan's Ascension Health, CHE-Trinity Launch Integrated Network
Physicians with Ascension Health and CHE-Trinity Health have created a statewide clinically integrated network of healthcare providers. This new company, called Together Health Network, will include 27 hospitals and hundreds of ambulatory centers and physician offices.
"We believe this one-of-a-kind collaboration between two of the state's largest healthcare organizations will set a new standard for providing value-based healthcare in Michigan," Patricia Maryland, president of Health Care Operations and COO of Ascension Health, said in prepared remarks.
"Both Ascension and CHE Trinity Health have been performing at benchmark levels in terms of quality, while at the same time delivering care at cost levels well below the state average. This collaboration will allow us to combine our outstanding performances in terms of cost and quality into one, state-wide product unlike any other."
Together Health Network is a Michigan LLC that will work with payers to develop health plan products, including those purchased on the Health Insurance Marketplace and private exchanges. Together Health Network is designed to achieve a state-wide presence with numerous access points and advanced care coordination services without merging assets.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition