HIPAA Compliance Requires Coding, Processes Update
An outsource service provider will also be able to offer proactive solutions based on their experience with other payer organizations. By working with multiple plans, they can share industry best practices and provide additional savings through economies of scale. An experienced outsource service provider will help drive continuous improvement, ensure standardization of processes and integrate with the payer's corporate culture while delivering sound business practices and regulatory requirements.
A provider with a blend of onshore and offshore capabilities will further reduce costs and ensure best-in-class disaster recovery and business continuity. Payers can also take advantage of reduced costs through labor arbitrage without the challenging aspects of coordination, cultural differences and lack of local familiarity.
As organizations prepare for regulatory change and an influx of new member applications and customer service requirements, the need to increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs and ensure compliance with new regulations is essential. With the right access to resources and expertise, organizations can swiftly comply with the latest standards and effectively adapt to the changes and challenges brought on by healthcare reform. Change is underway. What's your plan to embrace it?
Michael H. Smith is the Senior Director of Business Development for SOURCECORP, Inc.. With more than 15 years experience in the outsourcing industry and a member of numerous industry advisory boards, Smith brings an informed perspective on trends and best practices in BPO solutions for the healthcare industry. He is also a Certified Information Capture Professional and Certified Document Imaging Architect. For more information, email MikeSmith@srcp.com..
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty