HIPAA Compliance Requires Coding, Processes Update
An outsource service provider will also be able to offer proactive solutions based on their experience with other payer organizations. By working with multiple plans, they can share industry best practices and provide additional savings through economies of scale. An experienced outsource service provider will help drive continuous improvement, ensure standardization of processes and integrate with the payer's corporate culture while delivering sound business practices and regulatory requirements.
A provider with a blend of onshore and offshore capabilities will further reduce costs and ensure best-in-class disaster recovery and business continuity. Payers can also take advantage of reduced costs through labor arbitrage without the challenging aspects of coordination, cultural differences and lack of local familiarity.
As organizations prepare for regulatory change and an influx of new member applications and customer service requirements, the need to increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs and ensure compliance with new regulations is essential. With the right access to resources and expertise, organizations can swiftly comply with the latest standards and effectively adapt to the changes and challenges brought on by healthcare reform. Change is underway. What's your plan to embrace it?
Michael H. Smith is the Senior Director of Business Development for SOURCECORP, Inc.. With more than 15 years experience in the outsourcing industry and a member of numerous industry advisory boards, Smith brings an informed perspective on trends and best practices in BPO solutions for the healthcare industry. He is also a Certified Information Capture Professional and Certified Document Imaging Architect. For more information, email MikeSmith@srcp.com..
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement