Hospital Execs, Get Strategic About Capital Expenditures
Effective PMs can ensure that all issues related to a proposed capital project are studied properly and advanced as the project is being considered. The project manager provides the capacity to evaluate opportunities for savings and improvements in an apolitical environment that’s unencumbered by the conflicts that can emerge among employees.
With so many complexities and challenges to navigate during a large capital project, it’s surprising to find that so many of them often proceed with little strategy behind the approach.
In the age of reform and cost control, smart and efficient healthcare strategic planning, effective designs, and an on-time budget and construction experience is an absolute must.
These days, major capital projects can be make or break financial decisions, with lasting and permanent impacts on an institution. Getting it wrong once means you may never get a second chance to make it right.
Jack Hobbs is president and CEO of RFW Collaborative Partners.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says