Hospital Execs, Get Strategic About Capital Expenditures
Effective PMs can ensure that all issues related to a proposed capital project are studied properly and advanced as the project is being considered. The project manager provides the capacity to evaluate opportunities for savings and improvements in an apolitical environment that’s unencumbered by the conflicts that can emerge among employees.
With so many complexities and challenges to navigate during a large capital project, it’s surprising to find that so many of them often proceed with little strategy behind the approach.
In the age of reform and cost control, smart and efficient healthcare strategic planning, effective designs, and an on-time budget and construction experience is an absolute must.
These days, major capital projects can be make or break financial decisions, with lasting and permanent impacts on an institution. Getting it wrong once means you may never get a second chance to make it right.
Jack Hobbs is president and CEO of RFW Collaborative Partners.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare