Hospital Execs, Get Strategic About Capital Expenditures
Effective PMs can ensure that all issues related to a proposed capital project are studied properly and advanced as the project is being considered. The project manager provides the capacity to evaluate opportunities for savings and improvements in an apolitical environment that’s unencumbered by the conflicts that can emerge among employees.
With so many complexities and challenges to navigate during a large capital project, it’s surprising to find that so many of them often proceed with little strategy behind the approach.
In the age of reform and cost control, smart and efficient healthcare strategic planning, effective designs, and an on-time budget and construction experience is an absolute must.
These days, major capital projects can be make or break financial decisions, with lasting and permanent impacts on an institution. Getting it wrong once means you may never get a second chance to make it right.
Jack Hobbs is president and CEO of RFW Collaborative Partners.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators