Physician RAC Vulnerabilities Detailed in CMS Release
While physicians have not been a primary audit target to date; anything can change in the ever-shifting world of RACs, according to Lamkin.
"Physicians are going to be the next big target for the RACs," she says. "When they do automated reviews, there's no differentiation between provider types, so this is something that physicians are going to have to get their arms around."
To read SE1036, click here. The other articles in the series include:
- Medical Necessity Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) Coding Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- No Documentation or Insufficient Documentation Submitted (July 12)
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway