Physician RAC Vulnerabilities Detailed in CMS Release
While physicians have not been a primary audit target to date; anything can change in the ever-shifting world of RACs, according to Lamkin.
"Physicians are going to be the next big target for the RACs," she says. "When they do automated reviews, there's no differentiation between provider types, so this is something that physicians are going to have to get their arms around."
To read SE1036, click here. The other articles in the series include:
- Medical Necessity Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) Coding Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- No Documentation or Insufficient Documentation Submitted (July 12)
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013