Physician RAC Vulnerabilities Detailed in CMS Release
While physicians have not been a primary audit target to date; anything can change in the ever-shifting world of RACs, according to Lamkin.
"Physicians are going to be the next big target for the RACs," she says. "When they do automated reviews, there's no differentiation between provider types, so this is something that physicians are going to have to get their arms around."
To read SE1036, click here. The other articles in the series include:
- Medical Necessity Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) Coding Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- No Documentation or Insufficient Documentation Submitted (July 12)
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics