Physician RAC Vulnerabilities Detailed in CMS Release
While physicians have not been a primary audit target to date; anything can change in the ever-shifting world of RACs, according to Lamkin.
"Physicians are going to be the next big target for the RACs," she says. "When they do automated reviews, there's no differentiation between provider types, so this is something that physicians are going to have to get their arms around."
To read SE1036, click here. The other articles in the series include:
- Medical Necessity Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) Coding Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- No Documentation or Insufficient Documentation Submitted (July 12)
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model