Physician RAC Vulnerabilities Detailed in CMS Release
While physicians have not been a primary audit target to date; anything can change in the ever-shifting world of RACs, according to Lamkin.
"Physicians are going to be the next big target for the RACs," she says. "When they do automated reviews, there's no differentiation between provider types, so this is something that physicians are going to have to get their arms around."
To read SE1036, click here. The other articles in the series include:
- Medical Necessity Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) Coding Vulnerabilities for Inpatient Hospitals (September 23)
- No Documentation or Insufficient Documentation Submitted (July 12)
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application