Electronic Submission of Medical Docs Trial Goes Live
Berglund says, "The ultimate point I'd make with esMD is that this is now available and providers should be using it, as it's sure to be more effective, secure and expedient than sending your records out in the mail."
As of September 2011, the following review contractors have been approved to participate in the esMD program:
- Region A Medicare recovery audit (DCS)
- Region B Medicare recovery audit (CGI)
- Medicare administrative J1 (Palmetto GBA)
- Medicare administrative J3 (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J4 (Trailblazer)
- Medicare administrative J5 (WPS)
- Medicare administrative J9 (First Coast)
- Medicare administrative J11 (Palmetto)
- Medicare administrative J12 (Highmark)
- Medicare administrative J14 (NHIC)
- Comprehensive error rate testing (CERT) contractor
- Program error rate measurement (PERM) contractor
- DME Medicarea JA (NHIC)
- DME Medicare administrative JD (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J13 (NGS)
- DME Medicare administrative JB (NGS)
- Medicare administrative J10 (Cahaba)
Visit: CMS's esMD site.
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny