Electronic Submission of Medical Docs Trial Goes Live
Berglund says, "The ultimate point I'd make with esMD is that this is now available and providers should be using it, as it's sure to be more effective, secure and expedient than sending your records out in the mail."
As of September 2011, the following review contractors have been approved to participate in the esMD program:
- Region A Medicare recovery audit (DCS)
- Region B Medicare recovery audit (CGI)
- Medicare administrative J1 (Palmetto GBA)
- Medicare administrative J3 (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J4 (Trailblazer)
- Medicare administrative J5 (WPS)
- Medicare administrative J9 (First Coast)
- Medicare administrative J11 (Palmetto)
- Medicare administrative J12 (Highmark)
- Medicare administrative J14 (NHIC)
- Comprehensive error rate testing (CERT) contractor
- Program error rate measurement (PERM) contractor
- DME Medicarea JA (NHIC)
- DME Medicare administrative JD (Noridian)
- Medicare administrative J13 (NGS)
- DME Medicare administrative JB (NGS)
- Medicare administrative J10 (Cahaba)
Visit: CMS's esMD site.
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'