PA Medical Center Files for Chapter 11
Court Appoints Trustee
Doran explained that because the medical center is “no longer in the position to continue the management” of the facility, it requested that the court appoint a Chapter 11 trustee. William G. Schwab, an attorney from Leighton, was named to that position.
Schwab has several options. He can reorganize the medical center's operation, put it into liquidation, or find a buyer for the facility.
Holli Senior, a spokesperson for the DOH, confirmed that “at this point, the Department of Health has not revoked the license” for Saint Catherine to operate as a healthcare facility. She declined to speculate on future actions.
Efforts to reach a spokesperson for Saint Catherine Medical Center were unsuccessful.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board