Tech Glitches Snarl HIX Opening Day
"We certainly appreciate the question and obviously we are interested in that information too," Julie Bataille, communications director at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, told reporters. "I would just point to some historical experience getting data and what we have seen with other implementation efforts over time and we know that it takes some time to pull accurate data and information together. We will be able to do that for you as soon as we can and we will make sure to let you know what that schedule will be."
In addition to problems with the federal exchange, several states operating their own exchanges also reported problems related to high volumes and technical glitches.
CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner sat in on the half-hour long media call and got an earful from journalists across from across the country who related the frustrations of people trying to access the exchanges in their states. Like the president, Tavenner reminded the reporters that the glitches were to be expected given the magnitude of the undertaking.
"I would just remind you that this is day one of the process. This is a marathon, not a sprint," Tavenner said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High