Hospital Inspections to Resume In Full
Hospital Compare Update Delayed
CMS also had to cancel its routine update of data for its Hospital Compare website. CMS was due to refresh data on the site Oct. 10 but cancelled the update due to the government shutdown. In a statement, it stated that "its next scheduled release of the website is set for Dec. 12. At that time, CMS will update the readmission and complications data as well as release several new measures."
In another delay, the American Hospital Association pushed its deadline for hospitals to submit data for its quarterly RACTrac survey to Oct. 18. The web-based survey is designed to gauge the impact of Medicare's Recovery Audit Contractor program on hospitals and advocate for needed changes.
The Senate-crafted measure that re-opened the federal government and temporarily lifted the nation's debt ceiling was approved by an 81-18 margin in the Senate and 285-144 in the House of Representatives. The measure will fund the federal government at sequestration levels through Jan. 15 and raise the debt ceiling through Feb. 8.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers