IPPS Proposed Changes Clarify Three-Day Rule
In August, CMS plans to release further clarifying instructions in the physician fee schedule proposed rule. Until then—while providers are waiting for this guidance—Hoy suggests keeping an eye on the issue.
"I would recommend that these cases are tracked internally until the physician fee schedule rule is issued to ensure that hospitals have the information for billing or rebilling the physician portion, as appropriate, under the new guidance in that rule."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'