IPPS Proposed Changes Clarify Three-Day Rule
In August, CMS plans to release further clarifying instructions in the physician fee schedule proposed rule. Until then—while providers are waiting for this guidance—Hoy suggests keeping an eye on the issue.
"I would recommend that these cases are tracked internally until the physician fee schedule rule is issued to ensure that hospitals have the information for billing or rebilling the physician portion, as appropriate, under the new guidance in that rule."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers