IPPS Proposed Changes Clarify Three-Day Rule
In August, CMS plans to release further clarifying instructions in the physician fee schedule proposed rule. Until then—while providers are waiting for this guidance—Hoy suggests keeping an eye on the issue.
"I would recommend that these cases are tracked internally until the physician fee schedule rule is issued to ensure that hospitals have the information for billing or rebilling the physician portion, as appropriate, under the new guidance in that rule."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away