IPPS Proposed Changes Clarify Three-Day Rule
In August, CMS plans to release further clarifying instructions in the physician fee schedule proposed rule. Until then—while providers are waiting for this guidance—Hoy suggests keeping an eye on the issue.
"I would recommend that these cases are tracked internally until the physician fee schedule rule is issued to ensure that hospitals have the information for billing or rebilling the physician portion, as appropriate, under the new guidance in that rule."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare