Feds Nab 91 Suspects in Medicare Billing Schemes Totaling $295M
In Chicago, four people, including a doctor were charged for their alleged roles in schemes to defraud Medicare of more than $4.4 million.
In Los Angeles, six people, including two doctors, were charged in a scheme to defraud Medicare of more than $10.7 million.
Since its inception in March 2007, Strike Force operations in nine cities have charged more than 1,140 people who collectively have falsely billed the Medicare program for more than $2.9 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure