Feds Nab 91 Suspects in Medicare Billing Schemes Totaling $295M
In Chicago, four people, including a doctor were charged for their alleged roles in schemes to defraud Medicare of more than $4.4 million.
In Los Angeles, six people, including two doctors, were charged in a scheme to defraud Medicare of more than $10.7 million.
Since its inception in March 2007, Strike Force operations in nine cities have charged more than 1,140 people who collectively have falsely billed the Medicare program for more than $2.9 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- HL20: Tom X. Lee, MD—Reinventing Primary Care
- Population Health Starts with Ending Hunger
- HL20: José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA—A Welcoming Approach