Feds Nab 91 Suspects in Medicare Billing Schemes Totaling $295M
In Chicago, four people, including a doctor were charged for their alleged roles in schemes to defraud Medicare of more than $4.4 million.
In Los Angeles, six people, including two doctors, were charged in a scheme to defraud Medicare of more than $10.7 million.
Since its inception in March 2007, Strike Force operations in nine cities have charged more than 1,140 people who collectively have falsely billed the Medicare program for more than $2.9 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers