Feds Nab 91 Suspects in Medicare Billing Schemes Totaling $295M
In Chicago, four people, including a doctor were charged for their alleged roles in schemes to defraud Medicare of more than $4.4 million.
In Los Angeles, six people, including two doctors, were charged in a scheme to defraud Medicare of more than $10.7 million.
Since its inception in March 2007, Strike Force operations in nine cities have charged more than 1,140 people who collectively have falsely billed the Medicare program for more than $2.9 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction