Collaborative Saves Employers $11M in Healthcare Costs Over 3 Years
Campbell said that over the course of the pilot her relationship changed with CIGNA, American Century's health insurer. "It became a very open relationship. Before the collaborative I just thought of them as a vendor who provided contract services. Now I see that they want to work with us. It's a real mindset change for me."
With a successful pilot behind them, all of the KC2 employers are expected to continue in the collaborative. The pilot focused on prevention and improving healthcare, next the employers want to tackle obesity and pre-diabetes conditions.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians