Collaborative Saves Employers $11M in Healthcare Costs Over 3 Years
Campbell said that over the course of the pilot her relationship changed with CIGNA, American Century's health insurer. "It became a very open relationship. Before the collaborative I just thought of them as a vendor who provided contract services. Now I see that they want to work with us. It's a real mindset change for me."
With a successful pilot behind them, all of the KC2 employers are expected to continue in the collaborative. The pilot focused on prevention and improving healthcare, next the employers want to tackle obesity and pre-diabetes conditions.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%