Collaborative Saves Employers $11M in Healthcare Costs Over 3 Years
Campbell said that over the course of the pilot her relationship changed with CIGNA, American Century's health insurer. "It became a very open relationship. Before the collaborative I just thought of them as a vendor who provided contract services. Now I see that they want to work with us. It's a real mindset change for me."
With a successful pilot behind them, all of the KC2 employers are expected to continue in the collaborative. The pilot focused on prevention and improving healthcare, next the employers want to tackle obesity and pre-diabetes conditions.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare