Collaborative Saves Employers $11M in Healthcare Costs Over 3 Years
Campbell said that over the course of the pilot her relationship changed with CIGNA, American Century's health insurer. "It became a very open relationship. Before the collaborative I just thought of them as a vendor who provided contract services. Now I see that they want to work with us. It's a real mindset change for me."
With a successful pilot behind them, all of the KC2 employers are expected to continue in the collaborative. The pilot focused on prevention and improving healthcare, next the employers want to tackle obesity and pre-diabetes conditions.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers