Collaborative Saves Employers $11M in Healthcare Costs Over 3 Years
Campbell said that over the course of the pilot her relationship changed with CIGNA, American Century's health insurer. "It became a very open relationship. Before the collaborative I just thought of them as a vendor who provided contract services. Now I see that they want to work with us. It's a real mindset change for me."
With a successful pilot behind them, all of the KC2 employers are expected to continue in the collaborative. The pilot focused on prevention and improving healthcare, next the employers want to tackle obesity and pre-diabetes conditions.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Why single payer died in VT