HHS Exchange Funding Tops $1B
A second document outlines how the federally facilitated exchanges or partnerships will operate and how HHS and states will partner in an exchange. In a partnership exchange states can elect to handle plan management and in-person consumer assistance or leave those activities to HHS.
Plan management includes ensuring that health insurance companies are certified, have an adequate provider network, and offer the required essential benefits package. Consumer assistance includes enrollment activities.
Exchange applications should be submitted by mid-November 2012. HHS will review and approve or conditionally approve the applications by Jan. 1, 2013.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO
- Emergency Surgeries Drop with Insurance Expansion in MA
- Infuriated by MOC Rules, Physicians Unleash on Certification Boards
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 5 M&A Tips from Finance Executives
- Beaumont Health Clears Key Hurdles in Latest Merger Try