HHS Exchange Funding Tops $1B
A second document outlines how the federally facilitated exchanges or partnerships will operate and how HHS and states will partner in an exchange. In a partnership exchange states can elect to handle plan management and in-person consumer assistance or leave those activities to HHS.
Plan management includes ensuring that health insurance companies are certified, have an adequate provider network, and offer the required essential benefits package. Consumer assistance includes enrollment activities.
Exchange applications should be submitted by mid-November 2012. HHS will review and approve or conditionally approve the applications by Jan. 1, 2013.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings