HHS Exchange Funding Tops $1B
A second document outlines how the federally facilitated exchanges or partnerships will operate and how HHS and states will partner in an exchange. In a partnership exchange states can elect to handle plan management and in-person consumer assistance or leave those activities to HHS.
Plan management includes ensuring that health insurance companies are certified, have an adequate provider network, and offer the required essential benefits package. Consumer assistance includes enrollment activities.
Exchange applications should be submitted by mid-November 2012. HHS will review and approve or conditionally approve the applications by Jan. 1, 2013.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013