Final MU Stage 2 Rules Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell and Scott Mace, August 24, 2012
Clinical quality measures (CQM)
- CQM data can be electronically submitted after the first year of demonstrating meaningful use. For the first year CQM data must be submitted via attestation.
- Eligible professionals will submit nine CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains. The rule recommends a core set of nine CQMs that focus on adult populations and controlling blood pressure. A core set of nine CQMs are also recommended for pediatric populations.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs will submit 16 CQMs from at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains.
- Medicare payment adjustments are required by statute to take effect in 2015.
- Eligible professionals and hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2013 will avoid the 2015 payment adjustment.
- Eligible professionals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use at least three months before the end of the calendar year meet the registration and attestation requirement by Oct. 1, 2014.
- Eligible hospitals that are meaningful EHR users in 2014 will also avoid the adjustment if they demonstrate meaningful use by the end of the fiscal year and meet the registration and attestation requirement by July 1, 2014.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture