SGR Repeal Plea Backed by 110 Physician Groups
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, October 19, 2012
The groups are urging Congress to act on these points:
- Reform of the care delivery system is necessary to transition to "a high performing Medicare program that provides patient choice and meets the healthcare needs of a diverse patient population."
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services "must invest and support physician infrastructure that provides the platform for delivery and payment reform."
- Payment "should reflect costs of providing services as well as efforts and progress on quality improvement and managing costs."
- Transition should reflect diversity of physician practices and provide opportunity for physicians to choose payment models that work for their patients practice, specialty and region.
- Payment should include "incentives and rewards during a defined timetable, instead of using penalties to order abrupt changes in care delivery.
- Payment should include a way to measure progress and show policymakers that physicians are taking accountability for quality and costs.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics