Tech Glitches Snarl HIX Opening Day
"We certainly appreciate the question and obviously we are interested in that information too," Julie Bataille, communications director at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, told reporters. "I would just point to some historical experience getting data and what we have seen with other implementation efforts over time and we know that it takes some time to pull accurate data and information together. We will be able to do that for you as soon as we can and we will make sure to let you know what that schedule will be."
In addition to problems with the federal exchange, several states operating their own exchanges also reported problems related to high volumes and technical glitches.
CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner sat in on the half-hour long media call and got an earful from journalists across from across the country who related the frustrations of people trying to access the exchanges in their states. Like the president, Tavenner reminded the reporters that the glitches were to be expected given the magnitude of the undertaking.
"I would just remind you that this is day one of the process. This is a marathon, not a sprint," Tavenner said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers