PA Medical Center Files for Chapter 11
Court Appoints Trustee
Doran explained that because the medical center is “no longer in the position to continue the management” of the facility, it requested that the court appoint a Chapter 11 trustee. William G. Schwab, an attorney from Leighton, was named to that position.
Schwab has several options. He can reorganize the medical center's operation, put it into liquidation, or find a buyer for the facility.
Holli Senior, a spokesperson for the DOH, confirmed that “at this point, the Department of Health has not revoked the license” for Saint Catherine to operate as a healthcare facility. She declined to speculate on future actions.
Efforts to reach a spokesperson for Saint Catherine Medical Center were unsuccessful.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare