Business Roundup: HMA Finalizes Deal with Bayfront Health
Mass General, Exeter (NH) Hospital Expand Collaboration
Physicians from Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center will be at Exeter Hospital to provide comprehensive medical oncology and hematology services as part of a new and expanded collaborative, the two hospitals announced.
"This expanded relationship with the Mass General Cancer Center builds upon our existing relationship in radiation oncology services and is part of Exeter Hospital's long-standing commitment to provide the Seacoast community with expert physicians and a sophisticated level of care not typically found at a community hospital," Mary Palmer, vice president of Home Care and Cancer Care for Exeter Hospital, said in prepared remarks.
RI Approves L+M Paperwork for Westerly Hospital Acquisition
The Rhode Island Department of Health deemed as complete the Lawrence + Memorial Corp. application to acquire The Westerly Hospital. "This is a significant and welcome step," Bruce D. Cummings, CEO/president of L+M, said in prepared remarks.
"We look forward now to working further with state regulators and with the Special Master to bring this transaction to a quick closing so we can provide stability to The Westerly Hospital and the communities it serves. The Westerly Hospital has provided great care for generations," Cummings continued. "That won't change—nor does our commitment for again making it a strong and viable community hospital."
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion