Geisinger, AtlantiCare Enter 'Integration' Talks
"Our clinical outcomes are exceptional. We are a recent Baldrige winner. We share the highest bond rating in the state of New Jersey. We have great employee satisfaction. We are hitting on all cylinders now making great progress transforming our business model and we are please with where we are and what is occurring," he says.
Why Mess With Success?
"There is a fundamental shift that is occurring in our business and it is changing the way that healthcare is provided, consumed, and paid for," Tilton says. "We see great opportunity in that set of circumstances and believe we need to innovate care models more effectively and achieve better outcomes in quality and patient experience and of course value for the healthcare consumer. This is the time when wise organizations should move forward and accelerate their transformation because the market is shifting and it is time to do it now."
"Geisinger is a national thought leader," Tilton says. "We have a national reputation, but theirs is exceptional. They've done wonderful work in adopting these new value-based models. They have been able to continue to refine their model and achieve outcomes that are very special. So, I think in that respect they've developed further than we have. Like any good relationship I hope we can add to the conversation and the work we are doing together. I see it as a very win-win opportunity for us in terms of what we need to do for the future."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts