3 Ways to Make Your Hospital a Great Place to Work
2. Make Employee Health and Wellness a Priority
You've probably seen the reports about the failure of corporate wellness programs, but the jury seems to still be out. The Great Places to Work survey found that:
- Ninety-seven companies on this year's list pick up at least 60% of the cost of employees' annual health care premiums, and 68 pay for 80% or more of those costs.
- 95% offer flu shots
- A majority offer high blood pressure (86%) and cholesterol (84%) health screenings
>>>Employee Training - Source: Great Places to Work
The tide of favorability on corporate wellness programs may be turning as employees' out-of-pocket healthcare costs continue to ratchet up.
3.Grow Your Own Leaders
If you're offering tuition reimbursement as an employee benefit, good for you and for them. But there's something even better that you could be doing to prepare he next generation of leaders: offer on-the-job training.
While companies on and off the Best Companies list tend to offer the same amount of tuition reimbursement, the top-rated organizations offer nearly double the hours of on-the-job training. Usage of tuition reimbursement programs is shown to be marginally higher at companies not appearing on the list.
Greatness doesn't it come easily. It needs to be backed by a philosophy and a strategy.
--with Ed Prewitt
Cora Nucci is the Digital Associate Editorial Director for HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers