HIPAA Faces HITECH-Empowered State AGs
Timeline of the Attorney General's Office:
Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal’s actions regarding data breaches after HITECH was signed into law February 17, 2009:
Source: Connecticut AG website: http://www.ct.gov/ag/site/default.asp
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful