CMS OKs 'Medical Necessity' Reviews for RAC
It is hoped that hospitals have been heeding the advice to prepare for the medical necessity phase of the permanent RAC program, but if they haven't, they certainly can't put it off any longer, said Tanja Twist, MBA, HCM, director of patient financial services at Methodist Hospital of Southern California in Arcadia, CA.
Among the critical items facilities must be prepare for, Twist said, are:
"The industry simply can't afford to bury its head in the sand any longer," says Twist. "The RACs are coming."
James Carroll is associate editor for the HCPro Revenue Cycle Institute.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014