Healthcare Philanthropy: It's Your Job
Running a healthcare institution is about to get a lot more challenging, and in many cases there won't be a financial cushion to fall back on. As heads of the bully pulpit, that means CEOs have to do a better job of articulating the continuing need for more charitable giving to their institutions and identifying potential donors. It appears your peers in Canada have already gotten that message across. Despite the recession, giving from 2008-2009 actually increased there, by 5.2%.
It's time to make philanthropy a strategic imperative.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest