Norton Healthcare Partners with UK HealthCare
Norton Healthcare boasts a 44% market share in the Louisville area, with more than 100 locations in Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; 10,900 employees; more than 400 employed medical providers; and nearly 2,300 total physicians on its medical staff.
UK HealthCare facilities include UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hospital, UK Good Samaritan Hospital, Kentucky Clinic, Markey Cancer Center and 80 specialized clinics and more than 140 outreach programs throughout Central and Eastern Kentucky.
UK HealthCare is comprised of 6,000 physicians, nurses, pharmacists and healthcare workers. UK HealthCare also is in the midst of a $760 million expansion project that includes a 1.2 million-square-foot hospital.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges