Leadership Priorities for Healthcare Reform Survival
Jump-starting that process requires a commitment to adopting a new mindset that stresses achieving total hospital efficiency but it does not necessarily mean emulating companies whose expertise is building hammers, cars, or airplane engines. Instead, operations and clinical leadership need to engage established healthcare partners who understand that the goal is providing lower cost, higher quality care for patients who come to us in times of sickness and vulnerability.
Wayne Sensor is a former health system CEO and is founder and CEO of Transformational Leadership Services. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014