Leadership Priorities for Healthcare Reform Survival
Jump-starting that process requires a commitment to adopting a new mindset that stresses achieving total hospital efficiency but it does not necessarily mean emulating companies whose expertise is building hammers, cars, or airplane engines. Instead, operations and clinical leadership need to engage established healthcare partners who understand that the goal is providing lower cost, higher quality care for patients who come to us in times of sickness and vulnerability.
Wayne Sensor is a former health system CEO and is founder and CEO of Transformational Leadership Services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus