Leadership Priorities for Healthcare Reform Survival
Jump-starting that process requires a commitment to adopting a new mindset that stresses achieving total hospital efficiency but it does not necessarily mean emulating companies whose expertise is building hammers, cars, or airplane engines. Instead, operations and clinical leadership need to engage established healthcare partners who understand that the goal is providing lower cost, higher quality care for patients who come to us in times of sickness and vulnerability.
Wayne Sensor is a former health system CEO and is founder and CEO of Transformational Leadership Services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch