Leadership Priorities for Healthcare Reform Survival
Jump-starting that process requires a commitment to adopting a new mindset that stresses achieving total hospital efficiency but it does not necessarily mean emulating companies whose expertise is building hammers, cars, or airplane engines. Instead, operations and clinical leadership need to engage established healthcare partners who understand that the goal is providing lower cost, higher quality care for patients who come to us in times of sickness and vulnerability.
Wayne Sensor is a former health system CEO and is founder and CEO of Transformational Leadership Services. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty