MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
The deadline to apply to participate in the Pioneer ACO program was August 19th. Slattery said he does not know who else may have applied for the program. He hopes to receive the necessary CMS approvals by the end of 2011 and begin implementing AnewCareCollaborative sometime in 2012.
CMS remains tight-lipped about industry interest in the Pioneer ACO program. In an e-mail exchange, spokesperson, Ellen B. Griffith, would say only that CMS is "not announcing names or numbers of applicants.” CMS has targeted November for announcing the selections. It hopes to select 30 participants for the program.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic