MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
The deadline to apply to participate in the Pioneer ACO program was August 19th. Slattery said he does not know who else may have applied for the program. He hopes to receive the necessary CMS approvals by the end of 2011 and begin implementing AnewCareCollaborative sometime in 2012.
CMS remains tight-lipped about industry interest in the Pioneer ACO program. In an e-mail exchange, spokesperson, Ellen B. Griffith, would say only that CMS is "not announcing names or numbers of applicants.” CMS has targeted November for announcing the selections. It hopes to select 30 participants for the program.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers