MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
The deadline to apply to participate in the Pioneer ACO program was August 19th. Slattery said he does not know who else may have applied for the program. He hopes to receive the necessary CMS approvals by the end of 2011 and begin implementing AnewCareCollaborative sometime in 2012.
CMS remains tight-lipped about industry interest in the Pioneer ACO program. In an e-mail exchange, spokesperson, Ellen B. Griffith, would say only that CMS is "not announcing names or numbers of applicants.” CMS has targeted November for announcing the selections. It hopes to select 30 participants for the program.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Telemedicine is Retail Health Clinics' Newest Tool