MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
The deadline to apply to participate in the Pioneer ACO program was August 19th. Slattery said he does not know who else may have applied for the program. He hopes to receive the necessary CMS approvals by the end of 2011 and begin implementing AnewCareCollaborative sometime in 2012.
CMS remains tight-lipped about industry interest in the Pioneer ACO program. In an e-mail exchange, spokesperson, Ellen B. Griffith, would say only that CMS is "not announcing names or numbers of applicants.” CMS has targeted November for announcing the selections. It hopes to select 30 participants for the program.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries