MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
The deadline to apply to participate in the Pioneer ACO program was August 19th. Slattery said he does not know who else may have applied for the program. He hopes to receive the necessary CMS approvals by the end of 2011 and begin implementing AnewCareCollaborative sometime in 2012.
CMS remains tight-lipped about industry interest in the Pioneer ACO program. In an e-mail exchange, spokesperson, Ellen B. Griffith, would say only that CMS is "not announcing names or numbers of applicants.” CMS has targeted November for announcing the selections. It hopes to select 30 participants for the program.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013