CFOs' Leadership Role, Often Overlooked, Gets Some Sunshine
It will be interesting to see what new ways our group of CFOs is monitoring and acting upon the big trends in the healthcare business, from ACOs to cost containment to ICD-10 to Value-Based Purchasing. The initial and most important decisions surrounding these macro trends in the industry will be made with considerable input from this group, and we plan to dig deep on their solutions, challenges and expectations for the coming years in healthcare.
We are in a period during which we'll see perhaps the biggest amount of change in history as healthcare moves from being a service provider and price setter to a value creator and service differentiator.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance