CFOs' Leadership Role, Often Overlooked, Gets Some Sunshine
It will be interesting to see what new ways our group of CFOs is monitoring and acting upon the big trends in the healthcare business, from ACOs to cost containment to ICD-10 to Value-Based Purchasing. The initial and most important decisions surrounding these macro trends in the industry will be made with considerable input from this group, and we plan to dig deep on their solutions, challenges and expectations for the coming years in healthcare.
We are in a period during which we'll see perhaps the biggest amount of change in history as healthcare moves from being a service provider and price setter to a value creator and service differentiator.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers