CFOs' Leadership Role, Often Overlooked, Gets Some Sunshine
It will be interesting to see what new ways our group of CFOs is monitoring and acting upon the big trends in the healthcare business, from ACOs to cost containment to ICD-10 to Value-Based Purchasing. The initial and most important decisions surrounding these macro trends in the industry will be made with considerable input from this group, and we plan to dig deep on their solutions, challenges and expectations for the coming years in healthcare.
We are in a period during which we'll see perhaps the biggest amount of change in history as healthcare moves from being a service provider and price setter to a value creator and service differentiator.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing