CFOs' Leadership Role, Often Overlooked, Gets Some Sunshine
It will be interesting to see what new ways our group of CFOs is monitoring and acting upon the big trends in the healthcare business, from ACOs to cost containment to ICD-10 to Value-Based Purchasing. The initial and most important decisions surrounding these macro trends in the industry will be made with considerable input from this group, and we plan to dig deep on their solutions, challenges and expectations for the coming years in healthcare.
We are in a period during which we'll see perhaps the biggest amount of change in history as healthcare moves from being a service provider and price setter to a value creator and service differentiator.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans