Deficiencies at Grady Memorial Prompt CMS Review
The hospital's media department provided via e-mail this statement, which was dated Oct. 6: "There were some initial findings resulting from the state Department of Human Services review that occurred immediately following the September 6 incident. We are aware of those findings and are implementing corrective actions. At the same time we are preparing for a full unannounced survey by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, which is standard in situations like this. We were expecting CMS survey notification and received it on September 28."
How much Medicare or Medicaid funding might be at risk is unknown. A Grady spokesperson would comment only that in 2010 Medicare accounted for 32% of net patient revenue while Medicaid accounted for 40% of net patient revenue.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care