Jury Awards $52M to MRI Group in Suit with ID Medical Center
"Saint Alphonsus is studying our grounds for appeal of the jury verdict and believes that there are a number of substantial issues for consideration by the Idaho Supreme Court," she says. "The timing and amount of any payment by Saint Alphonsus will depend on the outcome of the appellate process and any further proceedings, which at a minimum would take many months."
"Saint Alphonsus mission of providing superior quality care to serve the community is at the forefront of every decision it makes, including those made in connection with this matter. Saint Alphonsus declines further comment at this time, as the matter remains in active litigation.
Woodard says the suit should serve as a cautionary tale to other hospitals. "If you're in a partnership, be true to that partnership," he said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014