Jury Awards $52M to MRI Group in Suit with ID Medical Center
"Saint Alphonsus is studying our grounds for appeal of the jury verdict and believes that there are a number of substantial issues for consideration by the Idaho Supreme Court," she says. "The timing and amount of any payment by Saint Alphonsus will depend on the outcome of the appellate process and any further proceedings, which at a minimum would take many months."
"Saint Alphonsus mission of providing superior quality care to serve the community is at the forefront of every decision it makes, including those made in connection with this matter. Saint Alphonsus declines further comment at this time, as the matter remains in active litigation.
Woodard says the suit should serve as a cautionary tale to other hospitals. "If you're in a partnership, be true to that partnership," he said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013