Jury Awards $52M to MRI Group in Suit with ID Medical Center
"Saint Alphonsus is studying our grounds for appeal of the jury verdict and believes that there are a number of substantial issues for consideration by the Idaho Supreme Court," she says. "The timing and amount of any payment by Saint Alphonsus will depend on the outcome of the appellate process and any further proceedings, which at a minimum would take many months."
"Saint Alphonsus mission of providing superior quality care to serve the community is at the forefront of every decision it makes, including those made in connection with this matter. Saint Alphonsus declines further comment at this time, as the matter remains in active litigation.
Woodard says the suit should serve as a cautionary tale to other hospitals. "If you're in a partnership, be true to that partnership," he said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System