HIX Final Rule Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, March 13, 2012
A portion of the rule is issued on an interim final basis. HHS will consider additional public comments for 45 days for several provisions including:
- The ability of a state to permit agents and brokers to assist qualified individuals in applying for advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for qualified health plans.
- Certain Medicaid and CHIP regulations
- Options for conducting eligibility determinations
- Eligibility standards for cost-sharing reductions
- Timeliness standards for HIX eligibility determinations
- Verification for applicants with special circumstances
- Timeliness standards for the transmission of information for the administration of advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions
- Agreements between agencies administering insurance affordability programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not