HIX Final Rule Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, March 13, 2012
A portion of the rule is issued on an interim final basis. HHS will consider additional public comments for 45 days for several provisions including:
- The ability of a state to permit agents and brokers to assist qualified individuals in applying for advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for qualified health plans.
- Certain Medicaid and CHIP regulations
- Options for conducting eligibility determinations
- Eligibility standards for cost-sharing reductions
- Timeliness standards for HIX eligibility determinations
- Verification for applicants with special circumstances
- Timeliness standards for the transmission of information for the administration of advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions
- Agreements between agencies administering insurance affordability programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty