HIX Final Rule Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, March 13, 2012
A portion of the rule is issued on an interim final basis. HHS will consider additional public comments for 45 days for several provisions including:
- The ability of a state to permit agents and brokers to assist qualified individuals in applying for advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for qualified health plans.
- Certain Medicaid and CHIP regulations
- Options for conducting eligibility determinations
- Eligibility standards for cost-sharing reductions
- Timeliness standards for HIX eligibility determinations
- Verification for applicants with special circumstances
- Timeliness standards for the transmission of information for the administration of advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions
- Agreements between agencies administering insurance affordability programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion