HIX Final Rule Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, March 13, 2012
A portion of the rule is issued on an interim final basis. HHS will consider additional public comments for 45 days for several provisions including:
- The ability of a state to permit agents and brokers to assist qualified individuals in applying for advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for qualified health plans.
- Certain Medicaid and CHIP regulations
- Options for conducting eligibility determinations
- Eligibility standards for cost-sharing reductions
- Timeliness standards for HIX eligibility determinations
- Verification for applicants with special circumstances
- Timeliness standards for the transmission of information for the administration of advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions
- Agreements between agencies administering insurance affordability programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance