HIX Final Rule Released
Margaret Dick Tocknell, for HealthLeaders Media, March 13, 2012
A portion of the rule is issued on an interim final basis. HHS will consider additional public comments for 45 days for several provisions including:
- The ability of a state to permit agents and brokers to assist qualified individuals in applying for advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions for qualified health plans.
- Certain Medicaid and CHIP regulations
- Options for conducting eligibility determinations
- Eligibility standards for cost-sharing reductions
- Timeliness standards for HIX eligibility determinations
- Verification for applicants with special circumstances
- Timeliness standards for the transmission of information for the administration of advance payments of the premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions
- Agreements between agencies administering insurance affordability programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014