PA Medical Center Files for Chapter 11
Court Appoints Trustee
Doran explained that because the medical center is “no longer in the position to continue the management” of the facility, it requested that the court appoint a Chapter 11 trustee. William G. Schwab, an attorney from Leighton, was named to that position.
Schwab has several options. He can reorganize the medical center's operation, put it into liquidation, or find a buyer for the facility.
Holli Senior, a spokesperson for the DOH, confirmed that “at this point, the Department of Health has not revoked the license” for Saint Catherine to operate as a healthcare facility. She declined to speculate on future actions.
Efforts to reach a spokesperson for Saint Catherine Medical Center were unsuccessful.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries