Parkland Hospital Improving, but ED Deficiencies Persist
Regarding other significant delays, the report says some delays are the result of the "need to acquire outside consulting assistance on some of the action plan items. Redoubled efforts and focus will be required in the month of April and May to ensure that these items are completed under the timetables required by the CAP." The tasks include:
- Completing a plan to obtain and guarantee consistent psychiatric physician coverage in psychiatric ED
- Recruitment of permanent nurse managers for the psychiatric ED and inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Implementation of expanded ongoing professional practice evaluation for all medical staff members
- Implementation of revisions and improvements to physician (attending and resident) call and attribution systems
- Implementation of a new and improved technology platform to document resident physician competencies.
- Changes to nursing competencies, tracking of competencies and new competency training procedures may be delayed due to the need to implement a new information technology platform to track the competencies.
- Implementation of the reorganization/restructuring of the care management department and related services (case management, discharge planning, social worker services, utilization management/review) may be delayed given the time necessary to contract with outside consulting firm to assist with reorganization.
- Contracting with an outside consulting firm to assist in HR efforts under the CAP.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions