Develop HIX Now, MD Official Urges States
An early study by the University of Maryland indicated that implementing the ACA would help the state save $700 million in its budget and reduce the number of uninsured by 50%. A follow up report released last week confirms the savings and estimates that the ACA will generate more than $3 billion in economic activity for the state, an create 26,000 healthcare jobs by 2020.
Brown says Maryland has elected to create its own health insurance exchange because the state has no interest in being part of the default federal exchange. "We believe our exchange must be designed to address Maryland's specific healthcare needs."
He challenged states to take the lead on their own exchanges. "Each state is unique and this is an opportunity to tailor your exchange to meet the specific needs of your state residents."
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees