Talking Healthcare Strategy with Top CEOs
One hospital internally funded an innovation center, through which it developed analytical tools that can, in essence, predetermine whether or not a patient has heart failure even before the physician knows it. They can also apply from that a social variant algorithm to determine to what extent that patient will be at risk for readmission within 30 days.
As I mentioned, this is cutting edge stuff.
The CEOs aren't just coming together under our auspices for our benefit. They'll learn from each other what works and what isn't quite ready for prime time. We'll also share with them our current research—ideas that may help them navigate the uncertain future.
Finally, through special reports like the ones mentioned above, we'll share their insights with you. It's the next best thing to being there, and it's just one of the ways we're helping leaders do their jobs in an increasingly difficult, but exciting and transformative era in healthcare.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending