Roundup: Healthcare M&A Deals, Partnerships
Ascension Health / HCA Midwest Health System
Also last week, St. Louis, MO-based Ascension Health announced that it is talking with HCA Midwest Health System to sell St. Joseph and St. Mary's Medical Centers and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City, MO.
Fleury Yelvington, president/CEO of Carondelet Health, said that if the negotiations lead to a sale HCA Midwest has said it would work with the local diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage. "Being a part of a system with a large local presence would strengthen Carondelet's position in this competitive market which is critical to ensure the system's long-term success amidst the myriad of changes that are occurring as part of health care reform," Yelvington said in prepared remarks.
HCA Midwest Health System issued a brief statement confirming that it "is currently in the beginning stages of negotiations with Ascension Health to acquire Carondelet Health. We do not have a completion date for these discussions. We believe that a merger of Carondelet Health and HCA Midwest Health System could help to ensure long-term success for both organizations."
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine