Roundup: Healthcare M&A Deals, Partnerships
Ascension Health / HCA Midwest Health System
Also last week, St. Louis, MO-based Ascension Health announced that it is talking with HCA Midwest Health System to sell St. Joseph and St. Mary's Medical Centers and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City, MO.
Fleury Yelvington, president/CEO of Carondelet Health, said that if the negotiations lead to a sale HCA Midwest has said it would work with the local diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage. "Being a part of a system with a large local presence would strengthen Carondelet's position in this competitive market which is critical to ensure the system's long-term success amidst the myriad of changes that are occurring as part of health care reform," Yelvington said in prepared remarks.
HCA Midwest Health System issued a brief statement confirming that it "is currently in the beginning stages of negotiations with Ascension Health to acquire Carondelet Health. We do not have a completion date for these discussions. We believe that a merger of Carondelet Health and HCA Midwest Health System could help to ensure long-term success for both organizations."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments