HL20: Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, MD—Leading the Dialogue on Cultural Change and Collaboration
Lavizzo-Mourey says RWJF is active in two issues critical to the future of healthcare: how we invest in our health and how we invest in value for our healthcare dollars. The foundation can produce the type of objective evidence that leads the nation to have "constructive dialogue about these issues. RWJF is raising these issues in a thoughtful and explanatory way so people across the country can become engaged in the dialogue."
She explains that RWJF is in the position to help other groups that are working toward the same goals by raising the issues that allow those groups develop other collaborations and investor relationships.
Lavizzo-Mourey says the best part of her job is spending each day figuring out what the foundation can do make meaningful change happen. "Not a day goes by that I don’t talk to someone or interact with someone who has been able to achieve something important for the country or community or people who need help."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big