HL20: Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, MD—Leading the Dialogue on Cultural Change and Collaboration
Lavizzo-Mourey says RWJF is active in two issues critical to the future of healthcare: how we invest in our health and how we invest in value for our healthcare dollars. The foundation can produce the type of objective evidence that leads the nation to have "constructive dialogue about these issues. RWJF is raising these issues in a thoughtful and explanatory way so people across the country can become engaged in the dialogue."
She explains that RWJF is in the position to help other groups that are working toward the same goals by raising the issues that allow those groups develop other collaborations and investor relationships.
Lavizzo-Mourey says the best part of her job is spending each day figuring out what the foundation can do make meaningful change happen. "Not a day goes by that I don’t talk to someone or interact with someone who has been able to achieve something important for the country or community or people who need help."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014