HL20: Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, MD—Leading the Dialogue on Cultural Change and Collaboration
Lavizzo-Mourey says RWJF is active in two issues critical to the future of healthcare: how we invest in our health and how we invest in value for our healthcare dollars. The foundation can produce the type of objective evidence that leads the nation to have "constructive dialogue about these issues. RWJF is raising these issues in a thoughtful and explanatory way so people across the country can become engaged in the dialogue."
She explains that RWJF is in the position to help other groups that are working toward the same goals by raising the issues that allow those groups develop other collaborations and investor relationships.
Lavizzo-Mourey says the best part of her job is spending each day figuring out what the foundation can do make meaningful change happen. "Not a day goes by that I don’t talk to someone or interact with someone who has been able to achieve something important for the country or community or people who need help."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians