Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
"Two years ago, our Board of Trustees made the decision to explore opportunities to collaborate with other organizations to prepare for the changing healthcare environment," Ariglio said. "We developed specific community objectives based upon feedback from a cross-section of community constituencies and initiated discussions with several organizations."
Ariglio said the RMH board voted unanimously to pursue the collaborative with Bassett "because we share a common vision of what's necessary to improve the delivery of healthcare services in our region. Establishing a relationship with Bassett will also help Rome expand primary care access and address physician shortages.
Bassett President/CEO William F. Streck, MD, said an affiliation would come as healthcare delivery evolves into the new reimbursement models that reward population health outcomes and value over volume. An affiliation would give RMS and Bassett opportunities to exchange best practices that reduce costs and provide better outcomes for patients.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch