Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
"Two years ago, our Board of Trustees made the decision to explore opportunities to collaborate with other organizations to prepare for the changing healthcare environment," Ariglio said. "We developed specific community objectives based upon feedback from a cross-section of community constituencies and initiated discussions with several organizations."
Ariglio said the RMH board voted unanimously to pursue the collaborative with Bassett "because we share a common vision of what's necessary to improve the delivery of healthcare services in our region. Establishing a relationship with Bassett will also help Rome expand primary care access and address physician shortages.
Bassett President/CEO William F. Streck, MD, said an affiliation would come as healthcare delivery evolves into the new reimbursement models that reward population health outcomes and value over volume. An affiliation would give RMS and Bassett opportunities to exchange best practices that reduce costs and provide better outcomes for patients.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients