Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
Tenet Vice Chairman Keith Pitts said the agreement "capitalizes on the respective strengths of both organizations and will enhance the clinical care and the access to that care in the communities we serve. The partnership will bring improved clinical technologies, increased economies of scale, and capital resources to the hospitals, ambulatory care centers and physician practices that we will become affiliated with in the future."
Borgstrom says Yale New Haven "brings to the table a strong brand that brand reflects a commitment to a whole array of healthcare services including tertiary care services, medical education, and opportunities to work with physicians in different ways because we have a large and robust group of physicians not only on the fulltime faculty but in the community."
"Clearly what Tenet brings to the table is much deeper experience in integrating and enhancing community-based healthcare and these are hospitals that were in search of a variety of things from capital to certain kinds of transformational management experience," Borgstrom said.
"Tenet has great experience there. Together we can also build off of some experience with Vanguard and Tenet have in understanding what it means to take insurance risk and how to make that productive for all parties. But fundamentally, this is about preserving access to patient care, enhancing that access, and providing the right kinds of care in these communities."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs