Heartland Health Joins Mayo Clinic Network
In recent years Mayo Clinic has made no secret of its desire to expand the Mayo brand to like-minded facilities that share its culture and patient focus. It expects to name a number of MCCN affiliates this year, including a site in Florida, according to David Hayes, MD, medical director for the network.
Last year it launched the Mayo Clinic Cancer Care Network with the goal of expanding nationwide. Coborn Cancer Center in St. Cloud, MN, is the first and only member. The cancer network is an extension of the MCCN and includes many of the same services.
Mayo Clinic remains in the hospital ownership business. Mayo Clinic Health System includes 17 owned hospitals in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin, as well as two owned hospitals in Phoenix and Jacksonville.
In March, Mayo Jacksonville acquired Satilla Health Services in Waycross, GA. The 231-bed hospital was renamed the Mayo Clinic Health System in Waycross.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Twitter Tactics for Savvy Healthcare Providers