3 Ways Green Hospital Initiatives Aid Marketing Efforts
2. Fostering community engagement
In order to further stand out in the community, Cleveland Clinic has set its green sights on more than just energy-efficient building. The organization has been sponsoring a farmers marketing for five years.
Cleveland Clinic began the Community Farmers Market program in July 2008 as an effort to offer healthy, local food options to the surrounding neighborhood and employees in an environmentally friendly way. About 2,000 shoppers visit the flagship market on Cleveland Clinic's main campus each week, including local residents, patients, visitors and employees.
The farmers market is a unique, positive way to promote locally farmed food and help the community adopt healthier eating habits.
"As part of Cleveland, we are committed to being a healthy, vibrant city on a blue lake," Vernon says. "We are part of making this the best place to live, through caring for patients, conserving energy, and protecting our environment." View Slideshow.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare