Goodbye, Physician Relations; Hello, Business Growth
"All goals in the volume perspective were developed in conjunction with the entities," Boydell says. "They told us what they wanted to grow and we provided the strategy of how we were going to do that."
Today, THR no longer incentivizes activity goals. While Physician Growth Specialists do have to meet basic activity requirements, all incentivized goals center around volume.
This year marks THR's new physician growth program's third full year of deployment, having been in place since midway through 2009. And the strategy's results are continuing to grow.
THR has set goals ranging from a 3% to 6% increase in growth over the year before, depending on conditions within the specific entity. In the first quarter of 2012, the majority of its entities exceeded the 6% goal.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages