Goodbye, Physician Relations; Hello, Business Growth
"All goals in the volume perspective were developed in conjunction with the entities," Boydell says. "They told us what they wanted to grow and we provided the strategy of how we were going to do that."
Today, THR no longer incentivizes activity goals. While Physician Growth Specialists do have to meet basic activity requirements, all incentivized goals center around volume.
This year marks THR's new physician growth program's third full year of deployment, having been in place since midway through 2009. And the strategy's results are continuing to grow.
THR has set goals ranging from a 3% to 6% increase in growth over the year before, depending on conditions within the specific entity. In the first quarter of 2012, the majority of its entities exceeded the 6% goal.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers