Goodbye, Physician Relations; Hello, Business Growth
"All goals in the volume perspective were developed in conjunction with the entities," Boydell says. "They told us what they wanted to grow and we provided the strategy of how we were going to do that."
Today, THR no longer incentivizes activity goals. While Physician Growth Specialists do have to meet basic activity requirements, all incentivized goals center around volume.
This year marks THR's new physician growth program's third full year of deployment, having been in place since midway through 2009. And the strategy's results are continuing to grow.
THR has set goals ranging from a 3% to 6% increase in growth over the year before, depending on conditions within the specific entity. In the first quarter of 2012, the majority of its entities exceeded the 6% goal.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition