Goodbye, Physician Relations; Hello, Business Growth
"All goals in the volume perspective were developed in conjunction with the entities," Boydell says. "They told us what they wanted to grow and we provided the strategy of how we were going to do that."
Today, THR no longer incentivizes activity goals. While Physician Growth Specialists do have to meet basic activity requirements, all incentivized goals center around volume.
This year marks THR's new physician growth program's third full year of deployment, having been in place since midway through 2009. And the strategy's results are continuing to grow.
THR has set goals ranging from a 3% to 6% increase in growth over the year before, depending on conditions within the specific entity. In the first quarter of 2012, the majority of its entities exceeded the 6% goal.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data