Service Line Campaign Positioning Pays Off for MGUH
Unsurprisingly, MGUH's two-pronged positioning for this campaign is paying off. Upon completion of the three-month campaign, the call center received 225 inquiries, scheduled 60 appointments, and sent out 166 kits information kits to consumers and referring physicians. The campaign generated nearly 8,000 website visits, with more than 6,000 coming from unique visitors.
"I think that the campaign resonated well with consumers because we were able to talk about the debilitating symptoms that they face everyday," Alcorn says. "It's difficult and often embarrassing when you cannot perform everyday tasks like eating, drinking or tying your shoes because of tremors or rigidity. If we can remove these symptoms and give potential patients back a quality of life, I think they were willing to take action."
Due to the campaign's success, Alcorn is planning on running another leg of the effort every 18 months, continuing to communicate the dual positioning strategy.
"With the future continuation of the campaign, our hope is to continue to reinforce the fact that for many Parkinson's disease patients, deep brain stimulation can safely and effectively manage their symptoms," McGivney says.
"We also want to educate consumers and referring physicians about the benefits of seeking treatment at a high volume center. And even though you've been told that you're not a deep brain stimulation candidate, you may want to seek a second opinion at MGUH."
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay