They Might Be Giants, But You Should Blog, Too
2. Scrubbing In
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and to be clear, it's usually the Texans who are saying that, (I can say that because I'm a native Texan, but don't hold that against me). But at Baylor Health Care, based in Dallas, it's really true.
The health system has deployed an aggressive marketing blitz on social media channels and maintains not one, but two blogs. Its newest, Scrubbing In, made my list because it looks like other consumer blogs, which attracts a wider audience than Baylor Health patients, but is clearly all about healthcare, as the catchy title implies.
Baylor Health's other blog, Sammons Says, is also well-maintained blog about its cancer care services. Scrubbing In also made my list of top three because it is easy to find and the blog posts are topical. As I write this, from a desktop in Dallas, the city is abuzz and reeling from the news of the death of nationally known, but homegrown radio personality, Kidd Kraddick. At the young age of 53, he died suddenly in New Orleans, and preliminary reports point to cardiac disease, perhaps due in part to his smoking habit.
While other healthcare organizations are using the event as an educational platform for heart health, Baylor Health's Scrubbing In blog post acknowledges the loss of someone who was wildly popular in their own backyard first. Why is this important? It shows humanity and it fits with the personality of what a blog should be: a community of readers that find interesting topics at a place they trust. The blog treats Kraddick's death with a series of questions and answers about cardiac health with a link to Baylor Health's heart health online tools that a reader may be ready to use.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says