Rebranding Helps Sharpen Marketing Strategy
Using a firm that focuses specifically on branding can help an organization narrow its goals more quickly. GHS used BrandEquity for its rebranding process, but Children's Hospital Los Angeles did its branding work in-house.
The main idea, no matter which path is taken, is to be able to identify the system's vision and mission, or "promise," as Rosenberg puts it.
"Advertising and branding are strategies that companies employ to help achieve marketing goals," he says. "Branding, or the act of branding, includes not just the basic elements/tactics such as naming, identity, look, [and] feel … but also the fulfillment of a brand promise."
For GHS, Foister says its goals are three-fold, "to be seen as a leader, innovator, and model of change" based on individual interviews done with business leaders, academic partners, and leaders in the community GHS serves.
The qualitative research found that GHS is best situated to position itself as helping patients navigate a complicated healthcare system, Foister says. Those efforts would surely be hampered with a complicated and confusing brand identity.
And, she says the new brand and logo is simple and fresh, and long overdue. Anecdotally, she's heard positive feedback from her community on the new image. Another survey on awareness, which will likely be conducted within the next year, will show quantitatively if the new brand is catching on, too.
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Investing in Population Health Strategies Creates Financial Risk
- Ebola: Lawmakers, Healthcare Leaders Clash Over Quarantines
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD