UF Health Rebranding Shows Employees 'The Big Picture'
"We were building momentum," says Ross. "Because that groundwork was laid and people saw themselves working together and working toward a shared vision and shared goal. I think they understood we had gotten to a point as an organization that it was time to really assess… 'How do we go to the next level?' "
Readying the staff
To prepare employees for another shift in branding, UF Health launched a four-week internal campaign called The Big Picture. Ross says the point of the campaign was not to announce the new name, but rather, to plant the seed that the employees were a part of a bigger vision for the health system.
"What we wanted to do was get employees into the proper mindset, so that when they heard the announcement they were already thinking more as one, and also that their role across our large, complex, and often complicated system was recognized," says Ross.
To that end, Ross says a photographer was sent out to UF Health locations in Gainesville and Jacksonville to take pictures of employees.
"We encouraged people to actually represent the organization by pulling a partner from the other organization to go along with them," says Ross. "It was a way to get people engaged and excited in their little neck of the woods and to reflect that visually and graphically. Some people held up little chalkboards that had UF&Shands written on them. One [arrow] would be pointing to a UF employee and one [arrow] would be pointing to a Shands employee."
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty